License to Carry Classes
First Time Class: Every other Saturday – 7:30am to 4:00pm (including a 1 hour lunch)
*$125 class fee required to be paid in full when signing up
**$99 for Military (Active/Retired) or Law Enforcement
|January 13||January 27|
|February 10||February 24|
|March 10||March 24|
|April 7||April 21|
|May 5||May 19|
|June 2||June 16||June 30|
|July 14||July 28|
|August 11||August 25|
|September 8||September 22|
|October 6||October 20|
|November 3||November 17|
|December 1||December 15||December 29|
With a valid I.D., Military Personal enjoy 1/2 price range time fees, free gun rentals, one free target, plus free eye and ear protection. This day is for all Active Duty Military Personnel, Active Reserve, and Retired Military.
Ladies’ Day (Every Tuesday)
Ladies enjoy 1/2 off range fees, free firearm rentals, one free target, plus free eye and ear protection. We also offer a free class going over firearm safety and the fundamentals of operating a .22 LR pistol, beginning at 10:00 A.M. and every other hour thereafter. The class is for women 21+ unless otherwise accompanied by a guardian and runs about an hour long.
- There is no limit or minimum to the amount of students in the classroom for instruction
- Classroom instruction will be taught by one instructor regardless to the size of the class
- The range portion will cover only basic firearm handling, safety and fundamentals with .22 caliber handguns only
- Student to instructor ratio will vary from 1:1 to 3:1 for the range portion of the class
- Students may take the course as many times as necessary until they feel comfortable shooting on their own
- Should a student want to take a more advanced course they need to schedule a 1 on 1 class with Danny for a fee of $75
New Shooter Orientation (Every Friday)
Every Friday at 6:30 P.M., we hold a free basic handgun course designed to introduce new shooters into the world of shooting sports. New shooters taking the class will enjoy 1/2 off range fees, free firearm rentals, one free target, plus free eye and ear protection. The class is for anyone 21 or up unless otherwise accompanied by a guardian, and runs about an hour long. Shooters will spend half the time in the classroom getting a basic brief followed by range instruction.
Every Sunday, with a valid Student I.D., students will receive 1/2 price range time fees, free gun rentals, one free target, PLUS free eye and ear protection
One on One Classes $50 Per Hour
This class offers any shooter, regardless of experience, the opportunity to work one-on-one with one of our experienced instructors. This class covers anything from basic safety and understanding to more advanced shooting techniques.
Two-day class starts on a Friday from 6:00pm to 9:00pm, and resumes Saturday morning from 8:00am to 12:30pm. (Must pay in full when signing up – Cash Only). These classes are available from July through January and occur once a month.
Who is required to have it? How do I get Certified?
Every hunter (including out-of-state hunters) born on or after Sept. 2, 1971. If you were born on or after September 2, 1971 and you are:
- Under 9 years of age, you must be accompanied*.
- Age 9 through 16, you must successfully complete a hunter education course, or you must be accompanied*.
- Age 17 and over, you must successfully complete a hunter education course; or purchase a “Hunter Education Deferral,” and you must be accompanied*.
New – Hunter Education Deferral (cost: $15.00) Allows a person 17 years of age or older who has not completed a hunter education program to defer completion for up to one year. A deferral may only be obtained once and is only valid until the end of the current license year. A person who has been convicted or has received deferred adjudication for violation of the mandatory hunter education requirement is prohibited from applying for a deferral.
*Accompanied means: By a person who is at least 17, who is licensed to hunt in Texas, who has passed hunter education or is exempt (born before Sept. 2, 1971), and you must be within normal voice control. Proof of certification or deferral is required to be on your person while hunting. Note: Certification is not required to purchase a hunting license.
September 15-16, 2017
October 13-14, 2017
November 10-11, 2017
December 8-9, 2017