License to Carry Classes
First Time Class: Every other Saturday – 7:30am to 4:00pm (including a 1 hour lunch)
*$125 class fee required to be paid in full when signing up
**$99 for Military (Active/Retired) or Law Enforcement
|February 8||February 22|
|March 7||March 21|
|April 4||April 18|
|May 2||May 16||May 30|
|June 13||June 27|
|July 11||July 25|
|August 8||August 22|
|September 5||September 19|
|October 3||October 17||Oct 31|
|November 14||November 28|
|December 12||December 26|
With a valid I.D., Military Personal enjoy 1/2 price range time fees, free pistol gun rentals, one free target, plus free eye and ear protection. This day is for all Active Duty Military Personnel, Active Reserve, and Retired Military.
Ladies’ Day (Every Tuesday)
Ladies enjoy 1/2 off range fees, free firearm rentals, one free target, plus free eye and ear protection. We also offer a $20 class going over firearm safety and the fundamentals of operating a .22 LR pistol, beginning at 10:00 A.M. and 6:00 P.M.. The class is for women 21+ unless otherwise accompanied by a guardian and runs about an hour long.
- There is no limit or minimum to the amount of students in the classroom for instruction
- Classroom instruction will be taught by one instructor regardless to the size of the class
- The range portion will cover only basic firearm handling, safety and fundamentals with .22 caliber handguns only
- Student to instructor ratio will vary from 1:1 to 3:1 for the range portion of the class
- Students may take the course as many times as necessary until they feel comfortable shooting on their own
- Should a student want to take a more advanced course they need to schedule a 1 on 1 class with Danny for a fee of $50
New Shooter Orientation (Every Friday)
Every Friday at 6:00 P.M., we hold a $20 basic handgun course designed to introduce new shooters into the world of shooting sports. New shooters taking the class will enjoy 1/2 off range fees, free firearm rentals, one free target, plus free eye and ear protection. The class is for anyone 21 or up unless otherwise accompanied by a guardian, and runs about an hour long. Shooters will spend half the time in the classroom getting a basic brief followed by range instruction.
Every Sunday, with a valid Student I.D., students will receive 1/2 price range time fees, free gun rentals, one free target, PLUS free eye and ear protection
One on One Classes $50 Per Hour
This class offers any shooter, regardless of experience, the opportunity to work one-on-one with one of our experienced instructors. This class covers anything from basic safety and understanding to more advanced shooting techniques.
One class starts on a Saturday from 6:00pm to 9:00pm, and resumes Saturday morning from 8:00am to 12:30pm. (Must pay in full when signing up – Cash Only). These classes are available from July through January and occur once a month.
Who is required to have it? How do I get Certified?
Every hunter (including out-of-state hunters) born on or after Sept. 2, 1971. If you were born on or after September 2, 1971 and you are:
- Under 9 years of age, you must be accompanied*.
- Age 9 through 16, you must successfully complete a hunter education course, or you must be accompanied*.
- Age 17 and over, you must successfully complete a hunter education course; or purchase a “Hunter Education Deferral,” and you must be accompanied*.
New – Hunter Education Deferral (cost: $15.00) Allows a person 17 years of age or older who has not completed a hunter education program to defer completion for up to one year. A deferral may only be obtained once and is only valid until the end of the current license year. A person who has been convicted or has received deferred adjudication for violation of the mandatory hunter education requirement is prohibited from applying for a deferral.
*Accompanied means: By a person who is at least 17, who is licensed to hunt in Texas, who has passed hunter education or is exempt (born before Sept. 2, 1971), and you must be within normal voice control. Proof of certification or deferral is required to be on your person while hunting. Note: Certification is not required to purchase a hunting license.