Laser Sights and Weapons Mounted Lights
When it comes to life or death situations having gear that gives you an edge is important. A laser is by no means a substitute for traditional iron sights, but it is a tool to use in conjunction with irons. Good lasers are not cheap, and cheap lasers are not good! With precision tools such as lasers theres just a few brands that we trust, unfortunately many people get fooled into purchasing poorly made inexpensive lasers hiding behind a Tacti-COOL name. Often times these lasers will not hold zero or adjust properly leaving folks disappointed and skeptical of what has proven to many to be an indispensable tool. Attaching a laser or weapon mounted light to your firearm is one way to make sure your never left in the dark.
- The laser itself acts as a deterrent, by this we mean most bad guys understand that what comes after the red dot is usually bad
- It allows you to keep your firearm closer to you body and maintain your peripheral vision
- Gives you a significant advantage in low light home defense situations
- It improves off hand aim as well as allowing the operator to shoot more proficiently from awkward positions
- Depending on the type of laser you may be more limited for holster options
- Solid Lasers can be pricey depending on type, expect to spend anywhere from $100-$500 when contemplating a laser purchase